Wednesday, October 4, 2017

OctPo Day 4: Where poetry hides

Between the clouds and the water... to me, these words by themselves are poetry. A distillation of my experience of and love for the coastal lands where I've lived for nearly my entire life. I'm not sure I could express it more perfectly, but I'll give it a shot.


liminality

a stirring
beneath the
leaves

in the crevices
of trees

fleet of foot
at the corner of
my vision

raindrops
like pebbles tossed
at my window

the relief of
a storm
after a long summer

a cold wind that
shears
the cliffs, home
to gulls and eagles

i stand there heedlessly
in exultation


3 comments:

  1. Thank you! The prompt pulled it out of me immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Digging this. I'm from the middle of the country but have always wanted to live at a place like this poem describes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have always lived near the water. I definitely feel a difference when I spend time inland.

      Delete