For me, this prompt is bound up with prompts 5 and 6. So much of what I wish I could take back, of what haunts me in the middle of the night, involves having crossed boundaries I knew I shouldn't. Those boundaries, whether emotional, physical, or mental, exist for a reason. We put them there because we know that the price for overstepping is too high. Yet we continue to test them and then bemoan the consequences, year after year, generation after generation.
There is a lot about getting older that isn't so great, but I have way more self control than I did even ten years ago. And that is a good thing.
traitor
words
escape me
sometimes
escape
past my lips
to places
they shouldn't
go
places
where they can
be discovered
and where I
can be
exposed
wriggling into
ears and through
minds and
then into
hearts
and from hearts
they are loath
to leave
No comments:
Post a Comment