Friday, November 9, 2012

Day 09: A Close-Up of My Day

I can't believe today's prompt. I really have to LOL, because it's kind of been a hell of a day. Not bad, but just... different.

6:00 AM Wake to my cell-phone alarm, get up, make tea. Breakfast of 1/2 a pear, 1 egg scrambled, sauerkraut (I love the Ruby Red Kraut from Firefly Kitchens), and toast with butter and jam. And tea with milk, of course.

7:00 AM Wash dishes, check email, shower, dress.

8:00 AM Walk to the bus stop, off to work.

9:00 AM Arrive at work, where I log in for the day, and go to my temporary work station. I accidentally downloaded a virus yesterday, so I can't use my computer until IT fixes it. (Actually, they ended up replacing it. It was kind of nice to work in a cubicle for a while instead of in the office I share with 5 other people. I miss having a  private space.)

12:30 PM Lunch. There's a food court in the lobby of the building I work in, so I head down to Chipotle. Order the crispy tacos with black beans, carnitas, cheese, guacamole, salsa, and lettuce. I almost never eat in the restaurant itself though--way too noisy. I get the food to go and eat in the food court where it's quieter and more spacious.

1:00 PM Back to work. IT is just finishing up, and I get to log on back at my desk. All is well, and I'm up and running minus a few Word settings that I'll have to reconfigure when I get a chance. The next few hours is all about playing catch-up. I got behind in my work because of the computer problem, so I'm pretty focused all afternoon.

6:00 PM Made the deadline, heading out of here! Gather my stuff, grab my coat, take the elevator downstairs and walk to the bus stop. I can't believe how dark it is when I leave work now!

6:35 PM Home! Do some exercises, which feels great and is an excellent way to unwind a bit. I don't know why I'm usually so resistant to doing it.

7:00 PM Off to Than Brothers Pho for dinner. I have been craving Pho lately like mad. Order the vegetarian Pho, wolf it down, and drive to the grocery store.

7:45-ish PM Load my groceries into the car, which won't start. I seriously can't believe this is happening, so I keep trying to start the car. It won't start; the engine won't even  turn over. I don't have either my purse or my cell phone. I hate carrying a purse when I'm just planning to be out for a quick errand or two, but I may have to quit leaving the house with just my keys, drivers license, and a credit card.  If I'd had that stuff I could have called AAA, or taken the bus home, or called a cab. But I can't do any of those things now, can I? BECAUSE I'M AN IDIOT. I get the groceries out of the back seat, and walk the mile or so home. My car is an utter piece of shit and I plan to unload it as soon as I can find the time.

8:30 PM Home at last! Unload the groceries and take a hot bath! And an Advil, because that was a long walk in my garden clogs and I am going to be sore later.

9:00 PM Put on my pajamas and a plushy bathrobe, and park my buttocks in  my leather recliner. Turn on the TV and watch the new episode of Bakemonogatari. I just want to forget about what happened with the car. I hope it will still be in the Puget Consumer's Co-op parking lot tomorrow morning when I go back to see if it will start. And I will have my cell phone and all the other necessities with me.

9:30 PM Get up to post to this blog! After this, more puttering around and then to bed.





No comments:

Post a Comment