I have many favorites, and this one has become a go-to for when I want an easy weeknight meal with leftovers for lunch the next day (or two!). And it couldn't be easier.
These aren't mine, but close enough.
Mom's Salmon Patties
Mix together:
1 15 oz can of red or pink salmon, skin and bones removed (or get skinless/boneless)
1 egg
1/2 to 3/4 cup of mashed potatoes. You can make them from scratch or use instant. You can even go without, but it's not the same and the patties won't hold together as well.
salt to taste
Heat 2 or 3 Tbsp of olive oil (or whatever cooking oil you prefer) in a skillet (I used cast iron).
Drop about 1/3 cup of the salmon mixture into the pan and spread it out to shape it into a patty. Repeat for each patty. You can get about four patties in a skillet.
Fry until browned, about 5 minutes, and then turn with a spatula as you would pancakes. Serve with lemon wedges.
I love these served with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli and/or a salad.
No comments:
Post a Comment