Today's prompt brings back memories that make me so grateful for where I am now. Three years ago today I was unemployed and just recovering from a nasty, weeks-long virus. I was right in the middle of the worst, longest stretch of depression and overall unhappiness I'd had in years and years. And it wasn't over. In a way, it was just a prelude. I didn't know it on that day, but I would lose my Dad in just a week or so.
Things aren't perfect now, far from it. There is still so much that I want to do and have and be, and I'm incredibly inpatient and frustrated at times, wondering if I will ever get "there." But when I remember where I was three years ago, I'm reminded that things have moved forward, are still moving forward. And I'm reminded too of how precious the present is, that it is the place from which we create our tomorrows. And because you just don't know what's waiting around the corner.
No comments:
Post a Comment