I found today's prompt difficult, and yet not. T.S. Eliot is without doubt one of my favorite poets. I am moved every time I read The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock--awed at this master of words. It's breathtaking to me. When I think of poetry, he always comes to mind first.
Aspire
Sitting
looking out of
a window,
sipping tea
perhaps
Looking out upon
a garden, or
the sea, or
a bustling street
Listening for
the mermaids
singing
or
the Jellicles
at play
or
a whisper
of fog
I listen
for them too
because of
you
How whimsical and wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI too am a fan of T.S. Eliot. :-)
Thank you for your visit to poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com
Oh thank you! T.S.E. really IS amazing. And you guys over at netherworld are pretty cool too! Great blog.
Delete"Listening for
ReplyDeletethe mermaids
singing
or
the Jellicles
at play
or
a whisper
of fog"
I liked this bit a lot.
Thanks! Those are the kinds of things that I think of when I think of T.S. Eliot.
DeleteThe line Tamara points out is the most Eliot-esque for me. I find his life fascinating... the relationship with his mother, his wife... intriguing. I have a piece of art work I have been working on for close to a year based upon him. Right now it is in a "set aside" space
ReplyDeleteThanks, I thought so too. I love how his work can be playful and somehow profound at once. A master.
Delete