OctPo Day 9: Because
Today's prompt is about why we continue writing. How appropriate! I so, so did NOT feel like writing today. It happens. In fact, that's how it is pretty much every day. I wonder why oh why did I sign up for this AGAIN?? And every day it's worth it. When I decided to do OctPo last year on a whim, I unexpectedly reconnected with a source of creativity and inspiration I'd let go without realizing it.
Homecoming
to a place
I didn't know
I'd left
I totally relate to this! I've never done OctPoWriMo before, but I've been in a rut lately where I just didn't care. I'm back with a poem everyday, and you've captured exactly what I'm feeling. Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteYou're so welcome! I'm glad this spoke to you. Just keep at it--that feeling of accomplishment is worth it, even when you don't think it's your best-ever poem.
Delete