Tuesday, October 21, 2014

OctPo Day 21: Fingerprints

I actually really love today's prompt about leaving our fingerprints, footprints or handprints behind! It instantly reminded me of all the places I've been and lived, and how some small part of me must still be there, whether as a speck of dust, a smear of DNA (hello, Gattaca!), or a lingering energetic signature. 


Linger

My fingerprints are
everywhere
lingering
like ghosts

In the houses
and classrooms
of my childhood,
on forgotten
floors and puzzles
and tables

On the
steering wheels
and dashboards
of cars
now driven
by someone else

On glasses in
restaurants, bars
and coffee houses
in San Francisco
and Paris

I leave myself
behind wherever
I go
as stray specks
and
particles and
atoms

To be woven
back into
the fabric of
the universe

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I really like this. I love the whole idea of the circle of life in this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's cool to imagine that some part of me is still there in all those places.

      Delete
  2. a part of us indeed linger on in the past.. Beautifully penned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredibly intriguing thought you've conveyed in this piece! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, I will play with this in my mind a bit longer. So many possibilities in this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW I love this! I printed it and posted it in our break room... I just love the ideas here!

    ReplyDelete