Friday, October 3, 2014

OctPo Day 3: Sweet indulgence

Today's challenge is to find inspiration in sweetness. It can be something sweet like candy, or anything else that feels sweet or like an indulgence. 

I also went for today's Shadow Poetry challenge: the tri-fall. I usually shy away from these because they're hard! But after stating yesterday that I wanted to push the envelope this year, I figured I might as well get started. My rhyming isn't spot on, but I had fun figuring it out.


Afternoon's delight

an afternoon's delight
taking tea
marks the break between day and evening
looking forward to night
to be free
with a sigh fall into dreaming

release the day with ease
letting go
cake or cookies an indulgence
kitty naps on my knees
sipping slow
my mind reviews the day's nonsense

day after day, for years
this sweet time
anticipated regardless
clouds of joy, tides of tears
come what may
to relinquish tea is heartless




8 comments:

  1. Nice job on the tri-fall! I could picture the kitty napping and feel the warm mug in my hands as I read your words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was dreading it, and it ended up being fun.

      Delete
  2. Tea is the best! I am so in agreement. Although I typically have my very old doggie sleeping on my feet! A lovely poem... thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am such a lover of tea! Making it and drinking it connects me with so many past teatimes. The ritual of it is very important to me.

      Delete
  3. Lovely poem, my daughter and I have just begun this ritual of afternoon, mostly evening tea. We are enjoying it very much. :)-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope this new ritual brings you both many happy memories.

      Delete
  4. Awww...Christine, this poem makes me want to have a kitten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's way easier to make a cup of tea than to raise a kitten! ;-)

      Delete