Friday, October 31, 2014

OctPo Day 31! Ending

The last day of OctPo! It's been challenging to try to write a poem every day for a month. I missed a few days, but just a few! Overall I'm proud that I was up to the challenge nearly every day. And, most importantly, I had fun and got to read everyone's amazing poetry. You all make OctPo special for me! As with last year, I leave with my favorite form, the one I will never master, the haiku.


creative fire
embers burning quietly
give the sweetest warmth

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm kind of sorry that OctPo is ending.

      Delete
  2. Stunning! Thank you so much for sharing your poetry. It's been a fantastic ride!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad I was able to read your writing. It has been great, hasn't it? :-)

      Delete
  3. I can just imagine that, lovely! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious! Haiku scares me. So few words....eek!

    But you make each syllable spark with life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I love about haiku! The challenge of having to choose words that convey most purely the essence of what I want to express is exciting.

      Delete