Tuesday, October 28, 2014

OctPo Day 28: Hunger

Today we write about hunger. Hunger can mean many things; here I try to capture a sense of uncontrollable, unreasonable yearning for something in an acrostic poem. I'm not sure if this is something everyone experiences, but I know I have, mostly related to lust or envy.



HUNGER

Hectic yearning
Unquenchable desire
Need unrequited
Gnawing guilt
Endless ache
Relentless obsession

7 comments:

  1. I think you caught it...the hectic yearning makes me think of all the racing thoughts that bombard at a time like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't have that feeling as much as I used to, but I remember it well.

      Delete
  2. Yes, you have described it perfectly in a clever acrostic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you for your kind words, and for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Thanks! I sometimes feel like if I want something in that obsessive way, my emotions are all tangled up and guilt is in there somewhere. Like I should want less or something.

    ReplyDelete