Today's prompt is to free write for 10 minutes about rain. I love subjects that deal with nature, and I've always loved the rain, whether I lived in Seattle or not. This time of year especially I yearn to hear its pitter-patter on the window.
Word prompts: somber, grass, damp, melancholy (we were asked to use three words; I used four)
Rain
Somber skies
clouds moving darkly
branches rustle
in a sudden gust
Leaves
bob their heads
as drops of water
strike them
before hitting
the grass below
Damp streets
smell of earth
and oil and
metal, of cars
hissing by
Melancholy
contentment
as raindrops tap
against the window
and gurgle down
the gutter
Singing me
to sleep
I was just reading your poem, when I noticed you commented on mine. I think your poem is totally wonderful, and I can see myself sharing that melancholy contentment. Thank you so much for sharing this poem...it is great!
ReplyDeleteThanks, I'm glad you like it! I had such a hard time writing today, even though I love the subject.
DeleteI feel like I've been there before. Loved this.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by! I love this time of year, and the rain. It's raining today!
DeleteI love the end!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I wasn't sure about it.
DeleteYou captured so many images here... the hissing car is kind of stuck in my head now... its actually nice...
ReplyDeleteI really love that sound when I'm in a city. It was one of my favorite Seattle sounds.
Delete