Looking glass
mirror mirror
there is no
question of
fairness
question of
fairness
as years
quietly pass
quietly pass
and what
was bright
was bright
and fresh
takes on a
patina that
at first glance
seems worn
at first glance
seems worn
and without
luster
but
upon longer
contemplation
is alight
from
within
within
Oooh. I like this. :-)
ReplyDeleteOh thanks! I had a hard time with it so I'm glad that someone likes it. :-)
DeleteI like this poem. It speaks to me!
ReplyDeleteI used to be like everyone else, thinking that only outside beauty counted and lamenting at losing mine.
Now I think that inside beauty is the one shining through and so no matter what shape or form you are, if your inner light is bright, then so is your beauty perceived by others. Now I just have to convince myself of it so I can see it as far as I'm concerned :-)