In the aftermath of yesterday's embarrassing fashion moment, I made a beeline for the local Target. Yeah, Mom needed some new underwear, and I got those, but I sorely needed to experiment with some new fashion silhouettes.
The issue of fit has become tricky. My body has changed a lot in my forties, and fashion choices I got comfortable with in my twenty- or thirty-something body just aren't as flattering anymore. My butt has deflated, and for sure some of it migrated to my abdomen--how else to explain the little belly that seemed to appear overnight? Surely it can't be the beginnings of the dreaded Menopot (it totally is). Bra size has also jumped up a couple of cup sizes. I used to be slim as a reed, long and willowy. While I'm still fairly slender in build, I now need to learn how to navigate some new curves.
Yes, I'll probably make more than a few missteps along the way, but that's okay. Not sure yet whether the newly-fashionable (again) palazzo pants and big hats I got today will be keepers, but I plan to have a good time finding out.
Good luck! :) And lots of hugs when it comes to caring for your mom. My family lived with and cared for my grandmother for a few years before she passed away, and for months afterwards I'd wake up and want to check on her, or worry I didn't give her dinner. Being caretaker is tough, but worth it, especially to be there in the last moments. <3 God bless.
ReplyDeletehttp://bonniegwyn.blogspot.com/
Thanks for stopping by! Caregiving is more stressful by far than I thought it would be, but I think I made the right decision to do it.
Delete