Open. Is what I've always wanted to be. Open hearted. Open to adventure. Open to others and open to life.
I've always wanted to be someone who lives openly as exactly who I am. Authentically, not some constructed false persona I think is cool, or who I ought to be if I were my "best" self.
Sometimes I see people who seem completely self-actualized and authentic, who are openly and beautifully and fully themselves. They're not afraid to be different, not afraid (or have got over their fear) of being judged by neighbors, parents, friends or potential employers. They are who they are, passionately.
I wish I could be that way. And part of me still thinks I can be.
Each day is a new beginning to try to become closer to who you want to be. When I behave in a way I'm not proud of, I use that as an opportunity to learn how I want to behave in the future. A work in progress :-)
ReplyDeleteThat is very wise! Good advice, thanks!
DeleteWhat we see on the outside isn't what people are necessarily on the inside. If we keep striving, though, we may become the selves we want to be...
ReplyDeleteLiz A. from Laws of Gravity
Isn't that the truth! I try to remember that everyone has a complex story, that we're all unique even as we conform to society's expectations.
Delete