Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A to Z Challenge: SAD

I've always scoffed at the whole seasonal affective disorder (SAD) thing. Even living in Seattle, I figured it was mostly bunk. Well, now that I've been living in northern California for a while I'm changing my tune.

Despite all the stress of caregiving, and being isolated in a new community and being unemployed, my mood is quite a bit better overall than it was when I was in Seattle. And I mean noticeably, unmistakably better. Sure, I have bad days, sometimes really bad. But there's a definite difference that I am pretty sure is related to the sunny days.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a Seattle-area native myself, and have been living in CA for almost 25 years now (!!), and I have to say it's totally real. I knew when I was up there that winters were hard for me. Of course, here in SF, it's the summers that kill me :D

    Thanks for stopping by the Ninja Librarian,and happy A to Z-ing!
    Rebecca at The Ninja Librarian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I lived in SF for a while, and the summers can be quite chilly. Thing is, you don't have to go very far to escape the fog bank. Even the east bay will do most days.

      Your site is great! :-)

      Delete
  2. stopping by from A to Z. I'm a caregiver too. Would love to have you pop by my site. I just started a link up for caregivers on Wednesdays (One Word Wednesday).
    http://www.mysweetpeanut.com
    I am a firm believer in things being easier on sunny days. Of course, we live in Texas, so there's lots of them! Excited to go back and read more of your A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm definitely enjoying the sun. I'll stop by your blog for sure!

      Delete