N is for all the nonsense my stressed and anxiety-ridden brain tells me about myself. That I'm old and frail and weak and selfish and mediocre. That something awful is going to happen to me and that I can't step too far out of my comfort zone or else.
Another part of me knows that this isn't true, but... how is it that these old tapes keep playing? How can I stop the merry-go-round (would have been a good M word) and finally, blissfully, step off??
You've taken a huge step realizing those nonsense things are not you! Doubts and insecurities follow us all. I'm not sure of the best way to quiet those voices. When my anxiety seems to be peaking I try to remind myself that it doesn't last, it comes and goes, and tomorrow will probably be a much better day.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by!
DeleteI find that "talking myself down" actually does help--that simple reminder that these thoughts are just thoughts, and are not even the truth. Dealing with it is ongoing.