Is it old ladyish for me to say that the quality of things has deteriorated since I was younger? I'm thinking especially of clothing. I remember that twenty or thirty years ago, if you went to a department store the clothing was of good quality. Now, I don't see enough of a difference in quality between most department store offerings and those at the local big box, unless you spend big bucks. It seems that good quality, mid-priced clothing has gone away or is harder to find. It makes me want to take up sewing.
This is so true -- I've got a couple sweaters from Macy's and Banana Republic that I bought 10 - 15 years ago, and they've held up so much better than similar items from last season. It's ridiculous.
ReplyDeleteMe too! Cashmere sweaters from a certain department store used to be soft, thick and slightly fitted; in recent years I've noticed that they're thinner and the shape is boxy.
Delete