Saturday, October 12, 2013

OctPoWriMo Day 12 prompt: Shadows

Today's prompt is to write a poem about our shadow side. I almost didn't write a poem today, as I'm sick with a flu bug. But then it came to me unexpectedly fast after reading the prompt. Sometimes the muse (or my shadow??) won't be denied.

~~~

My Precious Shadow

My shadow,
precious shadow!

Keeping me close
and comfortable. So,
so comfortable.

Soothing and petting,
whispered words, sweet
candy oozing from
a sharp-toothed
smile.

Precious shadow
holds me when I beat
my wings and try to fly,
holds me back.

Have another
candy. There's plenty
of time for flying.

Right?


2 comments:

  1. Halloween, and bats go thought my head as I read this. But I know the feeling can't just eat one piece of candy, need more...more lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! In the past couple of days I've written some poetry that's been somewhat macabre. Perhaps I am gearing up for Halloween!

      Delete