Today's prompt is a hard one for me. The traditional celebrations of Thanksgiving and Christmas, and even birthdays, have changed a lot for me over the past few years. As a single person whose family seems to be growing smaller every year, there is one ritual that has sustained me throughout the years, and continues to do so: my ritual of morning tea.
~~~
Beloved tea pot
worn chips and rusty stains
I cherish celebrating
the start of each day
as we grow old together.
how true..as I sip my cup of morning tea and reading your poem I feel the essence of it.
ReplyDeleteThank you! Tea is one of the simplest, most perfect pleasures.
DeleteI love my morning tea... lovely poem.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I am deeply addicted to tea.
DeleteI love the image of the old teapot! Sadly, the older we get the more losses there are. I have a fairly large extended family, but most of us aren't close emotionally. My kids are grown and moved out and I kicked the husband to the curb years ago and have no desire to replace him with another mistake. It can be lonely, being a lady of a certain age with an empty nest.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by! Yes, it can be lonely. I find that more and more I'm the only singleton at social gatherings.
DeleteI even love your last comment... so true. I find myself single again and its tough ... I do love tea to sooth some of that time though. This is a great little poem. Tea sooths so much in my life...sometimes I kid with people about that but I really think its true.
ReplyDeleteThanks! A good cup of tea is one of the most pleasurable of all things.
Delete