Tuesday, October 15, 2013

OctPoWriMo Day 15 prompt: Making News Your Muse

Today's prompt is to use the news to inspire a poem. I took the cut-and-paste idea from Julie Jordan Scott. What fun! There is something very playful about mixing words up that I find so inspiring!

~~~


news drags on

negotiators negotiating
another weekend on
frustrated capitol hill
dragged on



3 comments:

  1. I haven't tried the cut and paste method yet but I SO want to... It seems time consuming and I barely have time to write extemporaneously or to even make the OctPo... rounds... WHINE!!!!!!! I can maybe try it this weekend... It seems like fun and you did it sooo well.... When I saw yesterdays prompt I thought of this topic but was so ripped about it I couldn't even gather my thoughts! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is fun! But it's a bit time consuming. I want to get those refrigerator magnets that you can make words with.

      Delete
    2. I had a set of those at work... wild fun!

      Delete