~~~
sit listening for
dust motes drifting by on vast
eternal currents
Crap! I just realized that I got my haiku wrong when I first published this! Revising... but I'm including the original below because I actually like it better as a poem. Revised version is above. Thoughts?
sit listening for
dust motes drifting on
vast universal currents
dust motes drifting by on vast
eternal currents
Crap! I just realized that I got my haiku wrong when I first published this! Revising... but I'm including the original below because I actually like it better as a poem. Revised version is above. Thoughts?
sit listening for
dust motes drifting on
vast universal currents

Excellent.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteI liked that.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Glad you enjoyed it. :-)
DeleteI liked both! :)
ReplyDeleteshahscribbles.wordpress.com
Thanks! Me too actually, though I still prefer the original version. But now that I've written a haiku I think I've fallen in love with it.
DeleteI like both but I think I like 'Eternal' currents better... there is something about infinity implied more by 'eternal' than the all encompassing implications of 'universal...'
ReplyDeleteThanks! And now that I've got some distance from it, I think you might be right.
Delete