I'm back after a busy weekend! And how better to get into the swing of poetry writing again than with a short poem? I LOVE this form, whether it's considered haiku, sentence poem, or whatever. There's something I find exceptionally beautiful about the distillation of the essence of an emotion or experience into as few words as possible. My favorite kind of challenge! Let's see if I'm up to it.
~~~
Fog drifts along quiet streets, damp autumn leaves rest in gutters.
LOVE IT. Great job on this format. I really enjoyed it, too, made me pack as much as I could into a tiny perfect box. This makes me want all things fall immediately...I'll blame you when I order a pumpkin spice latte tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I adore these short poems, and I love fall. Enjoy the pumpkin latte! I've actually never tried one, perhaps tomorrow will be the day.
Delete