
I am insanely curious about roads to nowhere, whether it's a trail leading deeper into a dark forest or a road that disappears over the horizon. There's always the implied promise of something better, I guess; and although experience has taught me otherwise I'm still a sucker.
~~~
Wanderlust
Lonely roads invite
Lonely roads invite
wandering feet.
Enchanted
by promises
of adventure,
the unknown,
eternity.
Trees
weary sentinels
or
sinister guardians
of paths limned
with fairy dust.
Horizons look
close, but
somehow
get further
away.
Different paths
lead to the same
places.
Lonely feet
travel
wandering
paths.
Journey without
end.

I understand that desire to follow the path just to see where it goes. Lovely interpretation!
ReplyDeleteThis is a very good perception and description to the picture! I like how you say lonely feet travel .. Beautiful, indeed!
ReplyDeleteAw, thank you!
DeleteTrees as "weary sentinels" is one of my fav images today. Really fantastic!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I enjoyed this prompt more than I expected to.
Delete